Have questions about our barrel saunas? Call us now on 1877 446 3565.
***CURRENT LEAD TIME: 4-6 Weeks***
Every Backcountry barrel sauna kit comes complete with either a 9KW or 6KW electric, a wooden heater guard, water bucket & ladle, sauna rocks, a combination thermometer/hydrometer gauge, and interior seating benches. Our saunas will heat up to 195 F in under an hour, and can be enjoyed either wet or dry, catering to a true Scandinavian sauna experience.
100% GRADE-A CANADIAN CEDAR
All our cedar barrel saunas use 100% Canadian Red Cedar. We select the highest quality knot-free cedar for its proven resistance to weather and the elements. Cedar is the best choice of lumber for maximizing outdoor lifespan. With proper care and maintenance your cedar sauna should last 15-20 years.
TRADITIONAL SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN
The Scandinavian barrel sauna has a classic beauty in its elegant simplicity. Our barrel saunas are constructed with tongue and groove lumber staves that are held tightly together by stainless steel bands and fasteners. This interlocking system allows the lumber staves to expand and contract naturally, and to form a tight seal. The sauna unit sits on polymer support cradles (included) that keep the sauna’s underside above the ground. Not only are our Scandinavian barrel sauna lovely to look at, their design is incredibly energy efficient and helps to distribute the heat evenly throughout the interior.
THE RELAXATION COMES NATURALLY
Our sauna kit includes a wooden head rest, cradle and back rest so you can get comfortable. Sit on wooden benches and enjoy the company of friends and loved ones in a sauna room filled with soft lighting and enjoy the aromatic scents of cedar. Our saunas give bathers a truly authentic and relaxing Scandinavian sauna experience. A towel rack (included) is a great place to keep towels for drying off and cooling down between rounds.
EASY SELF ASSEMBLY
Putting together the our sauna kits is easy! All our saunas are designed with the DIY customer in mind. All the pieces are pre-cut and grooved, so no sawing or cutting is required.
Anyone with novice woodworking skills could build one in approximately 4 hours. All the assembler will need is a level, Phillips screwdriver, 7/16″ and 9/16″ open end wrenches, 9/16″ deep socket wrench, vise grips, and a mallet.
SHIPPING ACROSS North America
We ship our saunas to everywhere in Canad & The United States to sauna enthusiasts who enjoy the wellness benefits of heat and steam!
- Pre-cut and grooved lumber, 1.5” thickness
- Grade A Canadian Red Cedar
- 9KW ETL or 6KW ETL Certified electric heater with temperature controls and timer
- Tempered and tinted full glass door with stainless steel hinges
- Stainless steel bands, hinges, heater and fasteners
- Interior explosion-proof light bulkhead (wiring should be sourced locally)
- Wooden heater guard
- Integral door handle/towel bar
- Weather-resistant polymer support cradles
- 2 opposite facing benches for sitting or reclining
- 1 x head rest and 1 x back cradle
- Includes wooden water bucket & ladle, sauna rocks, thermometer/hygrometer, and sand timer
- Bitumen roof shingles sold separately as an add-on
*** If you are going with a wood burning stove option 6" stove piping, flashing and chimney boot will need to be sourced locally.
- 6 Person -- 6' diameter x 6' length (Exact: 72" x 70.2)