Health Benefits Of Using A Sauna
Sauna Health Benefits
Sauna use comes with many health benefits, which more and more people are experiencing for themselves. Detoxifying, lowering stress, lowering blood pressure, and encouraging relaxation are just some of the health benefits sauna use has to offer. We sell saunas, but we also sell wellbeing. Below, you will find a list of the top health benefits of sauna use.
Regular sauna usage can produce significant health benefits:
- Relax sore and tight muscles and increase your blood circulation: The sauna’s deep and penetrating heat encourages blood vessels to dilate, resulting in pain relief and relaxation for your tired muscles. Increasing your blood circulation improves your overall health and aids with digestion and elimination of waste. It also delivers oxygen to your muscles (which are desperate for it), helping them to recover and make you feel better, healthier, more flexible, more relaxed, and younger.
- Relieve the stress and tension of everyday life: Imagine the relaxation you will feel upon stepping into your new sauna. Believe us when we say that this feeling never gets old. We can’t wait to step into the sauna at the end of a tough work day, or any time we feel the need to relax, unwind, and feel the soothing warmth of the sauna’s heat. You will feel renewed and restored – both body and mind – as the stresses of everyday life melt away.
- Ward off illness such as cold and flu: Your sauna’s dry heat will raise your body’s temperature, creating a kind of “fever” that kicks your body’s immune system into action. This helps ward off illness before you even feel sick, and improves the overall long-term function of your immune system.
- Remove unwanted toxins from your body: With the increased perspiration that comes from spending time in a sauna, unwanted toxins are eliminated from your body with ease. Stop getting annoying colds and flus, prevent sickness before it begins, and increase your resistance to disease.
- Burn calories to help with weight control and overall health: Increased heart rate, perspiration, elevated body temperature – these are the hallmarks of healthy exercise, but they are also the hallmarks of sauna usage! Yes it’s true! Sitting and relaxing in a sauna is just like exercising. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, spending time in the sauna burns the same amount of calories as a person would running or rowing. Sauna usage can help burn calories and help you lose weight. Can you imagine an easier way to burn 300-500 calories a day than by sitting and relaxing?
- Keep your skin healthy: Sweating helps clean your system of impurities and toxins, and increasing your blood circulation causes the skin’s natural nutrients to surface, naturally improving the tone, texture, clarity, and elasticity of your skin. Increased circulation can also help improve acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Additionally, small wounds will heal much faster with regular exposure to a sauna.
- Improve cardiovascular health: With increased blood flow and perspiration to cool your body down, your heart begins working harder, replicating the conditions of rigorous exercise. Your cardiac output and metabolic rate increase, and your diastolic blood pressure decreases, resulting in improvement to your overall cardiovascular health.
- Improve lung capacity and overall function
- Strengthen your entire immune system
- Ease tension headaches
- Lower your blood pressure
- Improve sleep duration and quality